We are currently looking for an experienced X-Ray Engineer to cover our South East Region. (Ideally based North West or South West London).
Field based, this is a customer facing role that services, installs, maintains and modifies Canon Medical Systems equipment within the regional area, occasionally providing support to other regions throughout the United Kingdom and across Europe.
As part of the field engineering team, this role provides both onsite and telephone support to Canon Medical Systems customers.
Working individually and as part of a team this role is key in ensuring customers’ needs are met and equipment has the maximum possible uptime in line with business performance indicators and ISO quality management systems.
Primary (Level 2 tasks):
1. Performance of help desk duties.
2. Performance of remote diagnostics, including log retrieval and analysis.
3. Performance of onsite diagnostics and adjustments.
4. To be lead engineer on installations, where appropriate.
5. To provide DICOM and connectivity support.
6. To carry out software reloads, software system adjustments and FMIs up to level 2 within the required deadlines.
7. To action Product Safety complaints, when appropriate.
8. To provide basic mentoring and support to level 1 engineers.
9. To carry out field training and evaluation of level 1 engineers.
10. Any other level 2 tasks as defined by the Service management team.
Secondary (Level 1 tasks):
11. To perform planned preventative maintenance on equipment.
12. For UL engineers only: To plan and book your own maintenance visits with customers.
13. To attend pre-diagnosed breakdowns and parts replacements.
14. To provide onsite assistance (second pair of hands) as required.
Requirements for all engineers:
1. Use of OSC
2. Use of FIX’s/ COMPASS
3. Parts handling
4. Able to demonstrate strong customer facing skills.
5. To work within and to the guidelines set out in the working expectations document.
6. To follow the escalation process as per SOP-7-17-(GB)
7. To follow all relevant safety procedures and to ensure health and safety training is up to date at all times.