We have an exciting new vacancy to join a high performing team, selling Canon Medical Systems range of CT/MR/XR/HII equipment in the London and South East region.
Order intake and sales delivery
– Achieve agreed sales targets within the designated AM territory.
– Maintain an ongoing rolling forecast for the AM territory. Communicate progress against this forecast on a regular basis (territory review meetings) with the Regional Sales Manager.
– Identify current and future prospects to manage the territory opportunities and deploy resources efficiently. Use the account seasons framework (growth opportunity vs existing CMSUK footprint) to aid this.
– Apply sales tools deployed by BE management team under the CMSUK Quality system to maximize our success rate (sales process and checklists, DMU tool, handling objections closing tool, budget summary spreadsheet etc.).
– Co-ordinate all work streams in the sales process (relationship building, presentations, site visits, demonstrations, buildings projects, negotiation and closing).
– Ensure Compass (CRM system) configurations are kept up to date and reflect customer requirements prior to tender or NHS Supply Chain responses being prepared and submitted by the Business Support Manager.
– Agree pricing with Regional Manager for all opportunities before offers are submitted.
– Communicate information to colleagues about the people, behaviours and politics of each opportunity.
– Work closely with sales specialist colleagues to convince clinical users to select Canon Medical Systems.
– Capture and record all salient elements of opportunities in Compass.
Installed base and CMSUK internal relationship management
– Manage account relationships with all installed base customers in the territory. Deliver this in conjunction with local service engineers and applications specialists and participate in appropriate escalation to Regional Service Managers and Clinical Modality Managers.
– Ensure that appropriate communication is maintained with project managers, modality specialists and clinical applications colleagues during the sales process and the project delivery phases.
Marketing and business development
– Participate in the marketing activities and any opportunities to promote the CMSUK brand in the AM territory in conjunction with Regional Manager and the Marketing Manager.
– Participate in PR stories / photographs for RAD and other industry publications in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
– Participate in a rota of attendance at exhibitions and meetings in and outside the UK, as and when necessary.
– Co-ordinate the plan to arrange appointments at the four main radiology events annually (ECR, UKRC, RCR and RSNA). This will be done in conjunction with contracted telemarketing resources.
Knowledge management, diary planning and other activities
– Ensure that CRM (Compass) records are maintained for all accounts and opportunities in the territory.
– Maintain product and industry knowledge at a level defined by BE management to enable the AM to compete successfully in the UK marketplace. This includes participation in events organised by BE management to maintain knowledge at an appropriate level.
– Plan diary and appointments in conjunction with the Regional Sales Manager to ensure that the highest number of customer contacts can be maintained. The expectation for a typical working week is that a minimum of three days of customer facing activities are planned with multiple customer meetings scheduled in each city visited.
– Audit own diary and discuss work patterns and efficiency with the Regional Sales Manager during territory review meetings.
– Assist in other territories when needed as directed by the Regional Sales Manager.
– Any other specialist responsibilities as agreed with the Regional Sales Manager and Sales Director.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS REEQUIRED
– Good standard of general education with good written and spoken English.
– Sales professional with a clinical background and current evidence of outstanding achievement in sales.
– Current experience of territory management and planning with evidence of forecasting sales and orders.
– Competent in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email systems with understanding and experience of using CRM tool.
– Holds a valid passport to work in the UK and valid driving licence.