We have an exciting new vacancy coming up for a Network and IT Engineer (Level 1) based in the Head Office in Crawley.
The Network & IT Engineer – Level 1 will provide network and IT support, both to our internal and external customers in order to meet the expectations of the business and in line with the ISO Quality Management System.
- Able to work reasonably independently on a day-to-day basis and as part of a team.
- Requesting InnerVision™ details from hospital IT (initiating and managing the request).
- Install and maintain secure connections using SSL and IPsec VPN technology.
- Install updates on network switching and routing devices
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic network issues.
- Assist colleges in the field with remote connection and network issues.
- Creates the HSCN (N3) or SSL link at Canon Medical UK/ Canon Medical Europe.
- Communicate and explain Canon remote service concept to customers.
- Monitors and validates connections status of remote sites and reconnects if required.
- Keep in regular contact with your Team Leader, engineering colleagues and Service Support.
- Perform planned maintenance on network attached equipment and keep records up-to-date.
- Be proactive in ensuring that problem accounts and problems with systems are followed up, and escalated as necessary.
- Take personal responsibility for all your tasks in Service Cloud, completing and managing appropriately those on your dispatch screen and in your bucket. Further correct and timely management of parts in your inventory, seeking assistance where and when required.
- Be proactive in the continual improvement of administration, communication, and technical skills. Take responsibility for up-dating your own knowledge and training with stakeholders. Taking full responsibility for your own training logbook.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the mandatory health and safety elements of your job, and that you comply with these procedures fully.
- Ensure that the escalation process is followed, where issues cannot be resolved within the prescribed timescales.
– Good general standard of education, with excellent written and spoken English.
– Network or IT qualification.
– Basic desktop computer hardware and software knowledge.
– Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
– Knowledge of DICOM is a benefit
– A valid driving licence.
– Valid EU Passport
– Successful Disclosure and Barring checks (formally known as CRB checks) at basic level.
– Travel is a requirement for this role which may involve overnight stays
– This role may involve some lifting and pushing (Manual Handling)
CLOSING DATE: Friday 14th December – for further details, a job description and an application form, please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org