Events and Courses
Search Courses using a keyword or Area of Interest:
Refine results with these tags:
19th British MSK Ultrasound Course
About this course:
The course is open to Radiologists, Sonographers and Clinicians with an interest in MSK Ultrasound imaging. The course may also be of interest to sports physicians and those working in specialties allied to medicine who would like to further their knowledge and skills in MSK ultrasound.
This 3 day course has been successfully running since 1996. The internationally recognised faculty includes Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologists from all areas of Great Britain. The course covers a broad spectrum of musculoskeletal ultrasound pathology using both didactic lectures and hands on practical teaching formats to meet a broad range of needs. The course can serve as an update for experienced users, a broad education base for beginners and is highly clinically focused and patient centred.
Wessex Diagnostic: Venous Ultrasound Imaging (6 CPD Credits)
Canon Medical Systems are proud to be working with Wessex Diagnostic, to support their Venous Ultrasound Imaging Course on the 2nd November 2019.
About the course:
This is a one day course on ultrasound colour duplex imaging of the deep and superficial venous system. The course is a combination of lectures, demonstrations and workshop sessions with normal volunteers, and is designed to cover both the investigation protocols and diagnostic criteria of these techniques and their application to the surgical procedures of EVLT, RFA and sclerotherapy.
The emphasis will be on the practical hands-on scanning techniques using the current range of ultrasound systems and there will be opportunity to train on a limb phantom for ultrasound guided EVLT procedures.
- Basic principles of ultrasound imaging
- Haemodynamics and Doppler ultrasound techniques
- Lower limb deep venous system
- Lower limb superficial venous system
- Upper limb venous system
- Ultrasound imaging in surgical practice.
Wessex Diagnostic: Vascular Ultrasound Imaging Course (10 CPD Credits)
Canon Medical Systems are proud to be working with Wessex Diagnostic, to support their Vascular Ultrasound Imaging Course in October.
About the course:
This course covers the application of duplex, pulsed wave, colour and power Doppler techniques in the investigation of the following vasculature:
b) Extra and intra-cranial
Clinical lectures supported with practical hands-on workshops facilitated by professionally qualified demonstrators. Models and a range of ultrasound systems are provided in the workshops, with the opportunity to use a limb phantom for training in ultrasound monitoring of EVLA procedures.
Clinical lectures also include Ultrasound imaging in surgical procedures and an artefacts and errors guide. Specific clinical lectures include:
- Normal vasculature and variants
- Examination protocols
- Currently accepted diagnostic criteria
- Case histories
- Pitfalls in interpretation
This course provides 10 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists.
Wessex Diagnostic: Carotid Ultrasound Imaging Course (6 CPD Credits)
Canon Medical Systems are proud to be working with Wessex Diagnostic, to support their Carotid Ultrasound Imaging Course on the 11th May.
About the course
This is a one day training course on the application of B-scan and duplex, pulsed wave, colour and power Doppler techniques in the investigation of the extracranial and intracranial vasculature. The emphasis will be on ‘hands on’ workshops, which will enable delegates to use the latest ultrasound imaging equipment to practice the investigation protocols.
- The programme will include the following topics:
- basic principles of imaging;
- haemodynamics and Doppler techniques;
- investigating protocols and diagnostic criteria for carotid and vertebral arteries
- investigation of the intracranial arteries using colour duplex and transcranial Doppler (TCD)
- post endarterectomy imaging;
- B-scan and Doppler artefacts and errors.
Registration is now open via the Wessex Diagnostic website.
2nd International Workshop for Nerve Sonography
Interactive workshop with hands-on teaching
– how to find and assess peripheral nerves – the big and the small ones no matter where they are located in the body basing on our “landmarking technique”
– the clinical impact of nerve sonography as a first line diagnostic and imaging tool for peripheral nerve pathology: “find it to fix it”!
– about the role of high resolution nerve sonography in the diagnostic algorithm even for special peripheral nerve pathologies as e.g. polyneuropathies, inflammatory neuropathies, peripheral nerve trauma and mass assessment.
– about options for interventional high resolution nerve sonography in pain therapy.
– by hands-on workshops under individual tutorials how peripheral nerve sonography works: “try it out”!